1. Does it ask for the UN/PASS more than once? if
so, verify UN/PASS.
2. Check the dialer settings, if ipx/spx is checked and
not tcp/ip this would be the cause. In any case the only two things that
should be checked are Enable Software Compression and TCP/IP. Also enable
DNS. Logon to Network being checked can very well be the culprit.
3. Make sure that the Microsoft VPN Adapter is not
selected under connect using.
4. Recreate the dialer.
5. Windows NT? In the Security Tab in Phonebook,
make sure that "accept any authentication including clear text" is
6. Check the Network Control Panel settings.
7. Reboot the machine.
8. Modem issue? Use this page for driver
9. Try disconnecting any phones, caller ID boxes,
answering machines, line splitters from line. Plug modem directly into the line.
Try using a different phone cord between modem and phone socket. Check for
More info on Error 629 can be found here:
This page was last modified on Saturday, 05-Feb-2011 15:11:54 EST.