1. Reboot the machine.
2. Check settings (DUN/RAS, Network, etc)
3. Make sure that the user is typing in the proper username and password (and make sure nothing is under the Domain section in winNT/2k, unless there is supposed to be)
4. In Win9x/ME make sure that secure pass isn't checked under server types, and in Win2k/NT make sure that accept any auth including clear text is dotted.
5. Do a full reinstall of dialup related components.
6. If you are running Windows 2000 or NT check the event log for further details on this error.
This page was last modified on Saturday, 05-Feb-2011 15:11:54 EST.