7131 - PPP was disconnected locally.
1. Check physical connections.
2. Make sure that the modem is configured properly and
if it is a problem modem perhaps try inits/drivers? If an older global village
modem perhaps try a Hayes modem script. If a newer global village modem (non-x2)
try a generic rockwell/conexant connect script.
3. Make sure that they aren't disconnecting themselves.
4. Check the TCP/IP control panel and the Remote Access
(PPP) settings, and make sure that PPP is selected and everything configured
5. Delete Preferences Files - this will reset an
Application to default settings and force it to create a new (not corrupted)
version of its preferences file.
A. Delete "MacTCP DNR" from
"Hard Drive:System Folder:"
B. Delete "PPP Preferences" from
"Hard Drive:System Folder:Preferences:"
C. Delete "FreePPP Preferences"
from "Hard Drive:System Folder:Preferences:"
D. Resetup PPP(Remote Access) and TCP/IP(Open
6. Reinstall OT/PPP.
This page was last modified on Saturday, 05-Feb-2011 15:11:55 EST.