7148 - PPP encountered an error with no
1. Check to make sure that the correct phone number is being
2. Check the TCP/IP control panel and the Remote Access (PPP)
settings, and make sure that PPP is selected and everything configured properly.
3. Make sure modem is plugged in correctly and is assigned the
4. Delete Preferences Files - this will reset an Application
to default settings and force it to create a new (not corrupted) version of its
A. Delete "MacTCP DNR" from
"Hard Drive:System Folder:"
B. Delete "PPP Preferences"
from "Hard Drive:System Folder:Preferences:"
C. Delete "FreePPP
Preferences" from "Hard Drive:System Folder:Preferences:"
D. Resetup PPP(Remote Access) and
5. Reboot machine.
6. Reinstall the TCP/IP control panel.
7. Reinstall OT/PPP.
8. Make sure that the modem is configured properly and if it
is a problem modem perhaps try inits/drivers?
This page was last modified on Saturday, 05-Feb-2011 15:11:55 EST.