Windows DUN/RAS Error 602
"The port is already open."
This page was last modified on Saturday, 05-Feb-2011 15:11:54 EST.
- Make sure that no other programs are using your modem. Fax software, Supervoice, etc...
- Ctrl-Alt-Delete, if you see RNAAPP loaded, then go to the RNAAPP fix page.
- AOL can also cause this issue. If AOL was or is installed try deleting the AOL Adapters in the Network Control Panel then reboot and reinstall the Dialup Adapter.
- Is the modem using an initialization string? If so, try removing it and replacing with: ATZ
- Does the user have Quicken 2000? If so, try disabling the Quicken Download Manager, found on this page.
A Dell article on this issue can be found here.
- Try uninstalling and reinstalling the modem.
- Try checking for spyware/adware/virii that may be trying to utilize the modem.