1. Make sure that the modem is installed
and the phone line is running to the modem correctly.
2. Is the dialer pointing to the correct
3. Make sure that no other programs are
using your modem. Fax software, Supervoice, etc...
4. Ctrl-Alt-Delete, if you see RNAAPP
loaded, then go to the RNAAPP fix page.
5. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the
modem. Make sure that they can hear a dialtone through the modem (with a
handset). Could be a modem problem. If they don't hear a dialtone it
could also be a line, jack, or general telco problem.
More info on error 680 can be found at:
This page was last modified on Saturday, 05-Feb-2011 15:11:54 EST.